Also Read :What Does Refresh Button Actually Do in your Computer
If you don’t know how to open private browsing in Firefox than there is Shortcut key for it. Simply press Ctrl+Shift+P.
Firefox provides an option to open your Firefox every time in private browsing automatically. Follow the below steps to set this.
Steps to activate Private browsing in Firefox.
1) select tools from menu bar. If you can’t see menu bar on your browser window than press Alt.
2) Select options from it.
3) Now select primary from different tabs.
4) In history option, select never remember history as shown in the below image.
5) Firefox need to be restarted to active this setting.
6) Your setting will be applied once Firefox restarted.
Don’t be confused by this because your new setting did the things. So there is no need for those indicators. Now every time when you browse using Firefox it will not remember your history, will not ask you if you want to remember password and will not auto fill forms.
1) What is the benefit of using Private browsing?
-> If you are browsing through public computer than other people can’t see your browsing history. Even if you forgot to logout from your account than there is no need to worry about it. You will be logged out automatically from your account once you close the browser. Also your passwords will not be saved.
2) Who can see my history if I use Private browsing?
-> No one can see your history through your browser. However it doesn’t applied to your Internet Service provider. Also Some websites save your history like Google search History or People you have searched on Facebook.
3) Will I be able to bookmark a site in Private browsing?
-> Yes. You can bookmark any website. Private browsing allows you to bookmark a site for future use.
If you want to know more about private browsing in Firefox then click here. So private browsing is very useful even if you are not using public computer.